UNT's Chemical Safety Program provides guidance for laboratories, researchers, and anyone on campus that may work with hazardous materials. The team is available to provide information and guidance on proper procedures and resources associated with proper chemical handling, labeling, storage, use, disposal, and more.
UNT Safety Moment - APRIL
PEROXIDES AND PEROXIDES-FORMING COUMPOUDS
- Hazards of Peroxides -
Peroxides are strong oxidizers that can spontaneously ignite or detonate.
They can be toxic and/or corrosive.
Click here to find out more
Chemical Safety Menu Links
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Laboratory Safety Information
- Controlled Substances Information, information on the use of controlled substances in laboratory research on campus
- Controlled Substances Forms
- Chemical Inventory
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Archived UNT Safety Moments
- Workshops and Current Events
- Additional Chemical Safety Resources