Training Introduction & Instructions
Welcome to the UNT Risk Management Online Hazardous Material Transportation Safety Training.
The information contained in these online learning modules provides greater awareness concerning the handling and disposal of potentially hazardous waste. This is self-paced, online training. Read and comprehend the information contained in each module as fully as possible before moving to the next module.
Who should participate in the training?
New and affected employees, TAs, RAs, researchers, scientists, and faculty are required to complete this training on an annual basis.
Hazardous Material Transportation Safety Training Modules
The training is divided into 24 learning modules.
Hazardous Material Transportation Safety Topics
1. Introduction to Hazardous Material Shipping
2. Guide for Shippers
3. Guide for Receivers
4. Transporting Chemicals/ Biological Agents by Vehicle
5. Classification and Identification of Hazardous Materials
6. Biological Materials
7. Classification Guide for Infectious Substances
8. Homeland Security Shipping Restrictions
9. Chemicals Forbidden By DOT
10. Shipping with Dry Ice
11. Packaging, Labeling & Documentation
12. Outer Container Labels
13. Labels and Markings on Outer Container - Biological Specimen, Category B
14. Labels and Markings on Outer Container - Flammable Chemical, Liquid
15. Shipping Documentation (49 CFR 172, Subpart C)
16. Shipper's Declaration Form
RMS encourages you to completely read and understand the material before taking the quiz. You may log in with your EUID and AMS password to access the final quiz at any time.
A passing grade indicated on the Quiz Information Page is necessary for you to complete the training successfully.